We need a volunteer (or two) Feb. 6 in WorthingtonJanuary 28, 2010
Jenny Morgan and Alice Hohl spoke to Ohio Parks & Rec officialsJanuary 31, 2010
The Leave No Child Inside Central Ohio Collaborative Meets at Westerville Library
The Leave No Child Inside Central Ohio Collaborative held its first post leadership retreat quarterly meeting to discuss the progress that the LNCI teams have made since meeting at Greenwood Lake Camp last September, 2009. In attendance were:
Alice Hohl, co-chair of the LNCI Collaborative (Communications team)
Jenny Morgan, co-chair of the LNCI Collaborative (Governance Team)
Sue Hagan from Delaware Parks and Preservation (Communications team)
Crista Hein from the Stratford Ecological Center (Communications and Governance Teams)
April Hoy from Stratford Ecological Center (Governance Team)
Linda Petit, Franklin County Soil and Water Conservation District
Colleen Sharkey from the Clintonville Resource Center
Tina Gratitude from Indianolo Children’s Center
The LNCI Communications Team report:
1. The team contacted all LNCI organizational members via a post card to ask if they would consider displaying the LNCI Logo on their websites in support of the LNCI message.
2. They created a LNCI Face Book Fan page
3. They created a LNCI Speaker’s Bureau
4. They created a mobile LNCI Booth Kit to use at conferences complete with a beautiful trifold and a wonderful nature art activity.
Thanks to the Communications Team for all their hard work!
The LNCI Governance Team report:
1. This team has been working on the LNCI Mission and Vision statements.
Mission: Inspiring children and families to get (back) outside, to play, learn and connect with nature.
Vision: The vision of the LNCI Central Ohio Collaborative is for every child and family in every central Ohio community to get outside and experience nature every day.
Tag: Play, learn and connect with nature–every child, every community, every day!
Thanks to the Governance Team for all their hard work!
The LNCI 501c3 Team:
1. The Collaborative has received its Articles of Incorporation and is in the process of filing the paperwork with the IRS to receive its 501c3 status.
Thanks to the 501c3 Team for all their hard work!
The LNCI Summit Planning team:
1. Plans are being made for 2 LNCI events to take place in 2010 with the goal of growing the Ohio LNCI movement and awareness of the LNCI message. The first event will be held on April 9, 2010. This will be a statewide leadership gathering of 80 to 100 leaders from around the state who will be invited to participate. The goal of this meeting will be to bring together LNCI leaders from around the state as well as top level leaders/middle managers from a variety of sectors. The day will spent working together with a professional facilitator to create a LNCI Action Plan that will incorporate or further incorporate the LNCI message into their organizations, initiatives, etc. The plan will then be shared, posted, etc., to get feedback from all who are interested in being involved.
The second event is scheduled to take place in the fall of 2010 (date TBA). This will be an all Ohio LNCI summit. At this event, the LNCI Action Plan will be unveiled, complete with an Ohio Children’s Outdoor Bill of Rights and a LNCI educational/awareness campaign. It will be a time for everyone to come together to celebrate progress on this issue, to unveil plans for the future and to gain media attention on the LNCI issue.
Thanks to everyone who has participated in the summit planning conference calls!