Nuggets of Knowledge to Share
1. The Academy of Pediatrics recommends one hour of play in nature a day
2. Michelle Obama added an outside component to her Let’s Move, ie: Let’s Move OUTSIDE after meeting with Richard Louv and others in the LNCI movement.
3. Thirty-three mayors around Ohio and Gov. Strickland signed proclamations in support of the LNCI Ohio Children’s Outdoor Bill of Rights.
4. In 2010 state department leaders, First Lady Frances Strickland, Senator Mary Jo Kilroy and Other central Ohio leaders met to discuss Leave No Child Inside issues.
5. Children spend 7.5 hours per day on average outside of school using electronic devices.
1. Look deep into nature and you will understand everything better. Albert Einstein
2. One touch of nature makes the whole world kin. William Shakespeare
3. Those who dwell amongst the mysteries and beauty of the earth are never alone or weary of life. Rachel Carson
4. Man’s heart away from nature becomes hard. Standing Bear
5. The voice of nature is always encouraging. Henry David Thorough