Summit Notes: How do we get teachers and administrators to buy into nature education programming?October 25, 2007
Request: If you added the “badge” to your site…October 25, 2007
Participants: Noreen Warnock, Marilyn Weiler, Kythryn Carr Hurd, Laura Horton, Irene Lindelow, Amy Dutt, Mary Vance, Alison Boehler-Graves, Manon Van Schoyck, Kelli Drummer
Ask everyone – it doesn’t hurt to ask!
1) Know the audience
– Tie your issue to their passion
– What can they do to help your cause (couch potato fundraising)
2) Foundation Directory (Columbus Main Library)
3) Connect to local businesses or organizations
4) Make it personal
– get a relationship with the grant makers
5) Be conscious of your image.
6) Find the unlikely partners.