Barb Seckler of Columbus Public Health Institute for Active LivingFebruary 15, 2012
Volunteers needed: Staff a booth at fun summer Columbus eventFebruary 18, 2012
We are excited to tell you about a concrete (free!) way to receive more publicity, support and attendance for your April 2012 nature-related events and service projects.
You may have heard about The Children and Nature Network 2012 Let’šs G.O.! campaign. This initiative is a nationwide effort to increase and track opportunities throughout the country in April.
Your regional Leave No Child Inside Collaborative will be linking you and your organization with these national efforts, providing the following benefits:
· A listing in a national event calendar
· Media tools and press releases
· Access to reports about activities happening across Ohio
· Inspiration to create new projects or increase attendance at traditional April events
· Celebration and promotion of your April events by the Leave No Child Inside Collaborative in your area
For many of you that means you will have another way to promote the things you are already doing and for others it can create a platform to launch events or initiatives for the first time.
Statewide leaders in the Ohio Leave No Child Inside movement have discussed using April 7 as a kick-off date for this campaign in Ohio.
Please mark the date on your calendar. Even if you don’t have an event that day, you can promote events throughout April at the kick-off.
Thank you for all you do to connect children with nature!
We will stay in touch with you about how to access these tools and resources.